Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could not find or load main class in talend

Hello, i get error : could not find or load main class when i execute job in Talend. Below are the details about talend and java installed. It used to work in my old system, however, I can't recall java version but Talend version was same. I have checked all the discussions revolving around this issue, but nothing worked. Please reply if anyone knows how to fix it. Talend V6.2 jdk1.8.0_131
Labels (2)
20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please install product in a short path without any special characters, such as blank space.
You cannot change the installation path but you can re-install talend production.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

sorry, that does not fix it - but I imported the job from the old workspace. Should I set it new?

Best regards

Christian

humapathy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am facing this issue now.  I am running the job from Talend Studio 6.4 and having the TargetExec as a our production Job server hosted on AWS.  I am having the issue only when for a specific Talend Big Data Job.  The job starts running fine when I choose the Mode as 'Standalone' under Spark Configuration, however it fails with the following error when run as 'Yarn Client' mode.  Please note that I am using Macbook and the typical response in many of the forums for this error is about having spaces in the installation path.  But as I am running from Mac and also executing the job in the remote job server, I dont believe this is the issue. 

Error: Could not find or load main class

Job Caliper_to_Epsilon_GetEmail_Combined ended at 09:32 12/01/2018. [exit code=1]

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @uganesh

Does this issue only repro on your specific Talend Big Data Job? What does your bigdata job look like? Could you please give us more information about your Big Data Job? Screenshots of job setting will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

humapathy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

This happens for a specific big data job.  I am attaching the screenshot of the job as well as the settings for your reference. 0683p000009LsGe.png0683p000009LsJg.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We see that you are using tLibraryLoad component in your workflow without any connector(OnsubjobOk). Could you please give us some description about your job design? More information will be preferred.

Best regards

Sabrina

jagadish_dasari
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dear All,

One of the major causes for this issue is when you have imported a incompatible or incorrect class/jar.

Work-Around:

User should be able to identify the recently added jars from Talend Jars Location.

Delete any external class/jar file(s) which when added started this issue and restart the Talend.

Talend Jars Location:

x:\Talend_base_location...\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries

Thanks,

Jagadish.

JanPenne
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we had the same problem while using Talend 7.2.1. One developer kept getting this error message from time to time.

In the Talend log we found following error message:

sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:86)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:97)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:102)at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.implDelete(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:269)at sun.nio.fs.AbstractFileSystemProvider.deleteIfExists(AbstractFileSystemProvider.java:108)at java.nio.file.Files.deleteIfExists(Files.java:1165)at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.internalDelete(LocalFile.java:223)at org.eclipse.core.internal.filesystem.local.LocalFile.delete(LocalFile.java:140)at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceTree.internalDeleteFile(ResourceTree.java:313)at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceTree.standardDeleteFile(ResourceTree.java:799)at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.unprotectedDelete(Resource.java:1767)at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.delete(Resource.java:752)at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.delete(Resource.java:722)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.TalendProcessJavaProject.cleanFolder(TalendProcessJavaProject.java:266)at org.talend.designer.maven.tools.MavenPomSynchronizer.cleanMavenFiles(MavenPomSynchronizer.java:138)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.TalendJavaProjectManager.getTalendJobJavaProject(TalendJavaProjectManager.java:301)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.TalendJavaProjectManager.getTalendJobJavaProject(TalendJavaProjectManager.java:256)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.java.JavaProcessor.<init>(JavaProcessor.java:243)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.maven.MavenJavaProcessor.<init>(MavenJavaProcessor.java:73)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.createJavaProcessor(DefaultRunProcessService.java:341)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.DefaultRunProcessService.createCodeProcessor(DefaultRunProcessService.java:195)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessService.createCodeProcessor(RunProcessService.java:75)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.ProcessorUtilities.getProcessor(ProcessorUtilities.java:312)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.remote.RunRemoteProcessContext.getProcessor(RunRemoteProcessContext.java:57)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext.isESBRuntimeProcessor(RunProcessContext.java:883)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext.access$0(RunProcessContext.java:882)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext$ProcessMonitor.extractMessages(RunProcessContext.java:988)at org.talend.designer.runprocess.RunProcessContext$ProcessMonitor.run(RunProcessContext.java:933)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)!SUBENTRY 3 org.eclipse.core.filesystem 4 273 2019-09-11 12:26:29.797!MESSAGE Problems encountered while deleting files.!SUBENTRY 4 org.eclipse.core.filesystem 4 273 2019-09-11 12:26:29.797!MESSAGE Could not delete: C:\Talend7\workspace\.repositories\897360268\master\TMF_S_049\poms\jobs\process\BPM\b67038_bpm_basic_2.2\target\classpath.jar.!STACK 0java.nio.file.FileSystemException: C:\Talend7\workspace\.repositories\897360268\master\TMF_S_049\poms\jobs\process\BPM\b67038_bpm_basic_2.2\target\classpath.jar: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.

Solution: After deleting the file C:\Talend7\workspace\.repositories\897360268\master\TMF_S_049\poms\jobs\process\BPM\b67038_bpm_basic_2.2\target\classpath.jar the error was gone.

jd101k2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

In my case, the error was caused by a bad schema on a tfiledelimited item.

Deleted it, recreated the tfiledelimited - fixed problem.

JTorón1658215342
Contributor
Contributor

In my case I had to restart Talend and reapply the poms