Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teguard_Dev
Contributor
Contributor

Creating a Custom Component without Input or Output using the new Framework

Hello there, 

Is there a way to create a Custom Component that has no Input or Outputs?

I'm new to using the new Framework (working with Intellij Talend Plugin).

The Create Component Api seems to only be able to let me create Components with IO added.

I want to create a component that sends a log Message once it gets trigger by an "OnSubjobOk" etc.

Is something like that possible?

Labels (3)
5 Replies
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

you may use tjava for that.
why did you need intellij for that?
Teguard_Dev
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Since it's not possible to write complex stuff in tJava (and the lack of ability to include log4j2 + custom configuration), I wanted to implement that as a custom component. 

Teguard_Dev
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Or is this somehow possible?
My problem is, that I need to use Log4j2 (for its Syslog Appender), so I need a way to write more complex code than a tjava can handle and include a log4j2 dependency.
fdenis
Creator III
Creator III

you can create your own component.
you can also use java tjavarow and tjavaFlex
but first think at what did you want to do for how many instances and tine. and so on…..
Teguard_Dev
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hm, I was not able to implement a Syslog Appender using log4j2 in the tjava component, mainly because I could not find a way to implement a log4j2 config file and also could not access log4j2 even though I added it as a dependency.

If there is a way to implement the log4j2.xml and a syslogAppender using the tJava component, I'd be very interested.