Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Values are not being applied in TAC for an Execution Task

Hi,

I have published a job from Studio to TAC. I am changing the context parameters for that job but it is taking the default value. Can someone suggest me why is this happening?

I am loading the context values through a text file in my job.

Thanks in advance!

Alekhya.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Arjun1
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you define context variables in both, job level and context file then Job loads context parameter values form Job Conductor Task in TAC later it override with values from the context file during execution. so let's define in only one place, either in context file or in Job context group.

Regards,

Arjun

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Arjun1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Alekhya,

Since you published the job with default context group, it's always show default values to your Job Conductor Task in TAC. if you use tContextLoad component and set your context file name and path from where it load during run time then it must run without fail. Do let me know my point address your query.

Regards,

Arjun

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @Arjun ,

I am loading context variables using tcontextload component from a file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
Can you share a screenshot to show how do you load the variable value? via tContextLoad? if so, make sure the key name in text file matches the variable name.

Regards
Shong

Arjun1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can i know where you are passing the custom values to the job? are you passing through context file? can you please explain your issue in detail to understand better.

Regards,

Arjun

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attaching the screenshots.

ContextLoad.png
customvalues_TAC.png
Arjun1
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you define context variables in both, job level and context file then Job loads context parameter values form Job Conductor Task in TAC later it override with values from the context file during execution. so let's define in only one place, either in context file or in Job context group.

Regards,

Arjun

JBristow
Creator
Creator

Same issue here as well - I'll be opening a ticket on this.

We're upgrading to 7.2.1 and something has changed. We use the Customer Value on the Job Conductor page to override certain values. This worked fine in the past. Now that we have 7.2.1 deployed - it no longer works. I saw a similar issues with a patch we eventually removed from 6.4.1 - as the context overrides required RegEx expressions now for things like a file path. But it's even worse in 7.2.1 - as if I override any value - nothing works and the job fails. It fails on a 'File not Found' - which I'm willing to be has something to do with RegEx.

If I don't override anything - the job works great. Even if all I do is click on a custom value - and I don't change that value, so it should run -

it fails. 

You've changed something with context values and overriding context values via the Custom Values in the TAC.

JBristow
Creator
Creator

My situation specifically as we upgrade to 7.2.1:

The job is setup - no overrides - runs successfully:

0683p000009M7wX.png 

Now I click on a "Custom Value" - but I don't even change the value, so you think it would work. Wrong. Fails every run.

0683p000009M81E.png 

Arjun1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi, In your case, It might be different reasons. can you please verify below points?
1)Were you able to see the custom value in job action execution log under Context values in TAC?
2)Is your job stand alone or wrapper job (Parent->child)? if it's wrapper job then did you enable pass whole content to child job option in tRunJob component?
3)Did you select apply context child jobs while publishing job into Artifact repository if it's Artifact task?
4)Did you try passing without quotes?
5)You should be able to identify by reviewing job execution log where exactly it's failing

Regards,
Arjun
-------------
Do not forget to give Kudos to my post if it explain your query! Please accept as solution if it's solve your challenge!