Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator

Data not processing

Hi, I am trying to read a tab delimited CSV file and I have set up the input schema as string and length 200 with 0 precision. I am writing it directly to a file using a tmap.

While processing the data it is dropping the record and giving me the below message.

[statistics] connecting to socket on port 3453
[statistics] connected
For input string: "-37.66"
[ERROR]: talend_default.t_file_0_1.t__FILE - tFileInputDelimited_1 - For input string: "-37.66"

In the tFileInputDelimited advanced, I have selected  "Trim All columns". to trim white space.

So does anyone have an idea to resolve the issue?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What does your tab delimited CSV file look like? Could you please give us some sample content for testing? Are you able to create file delimited metadata via your CSV file to see if it can be previewed successfully with custom encoding UTF-16LE?

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What does your tab delimited CSV file look like? Could you please give us some sample content for testing? Are you able to create file delimited metadata via your CSV file to see if it can be previewed successfully with custom encoding UTF-16LE?

Best regards

Sabrina

Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks a lot for your response. The sample data is in below:

Name Service Charge Balance Amount
Steve 43 -37.66 210
Castro 0 20 20

The red highlighted record is not processing. Even with the data viewer, I am not able to see the data for STEVE

Right Click on Input Delimited> Data Viewer it's not showing the data.

I have also attached the metadata settings. Please take a look. As per my understanding,

the issue is with the metadata setup. For input, I have set up everything as a string and writing it as a string.

Delimited file seetings 1.JPG
Delimited file seetings 2.JPG
Tasfiahm
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina, the issue is resolved but I am not sure how.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Feel free to let us know if this issue repro again from your end.

Best regards

Sabrina