Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurn
Contributor III
Contributor III

Database Password Encryption

Hi

I have a set of pipelines that are accessing a snowflake database. The user credentials I store in the job right now are username + password which is 40 character length randomly generated strings.

I have a meta user for Talend configured to only have read access to a meta schema where I'm storing some context info which is initialised when the job is executed.

I could use the ENCRYPT_RAW function in snowflake to create an encryption string of the random string which could be decrypted at runtime via a tDBRow and tJavaRow but as we are running Talend client side rather than in the cloud I think it's safer to build some level of client-side encryption if possible via Talend, encrypting and decrypting in Talend.

Would be great to get advice here from the community and also suggestions on how best to do this via Talend as it seems the tDataEncrypt isn't available in the open studio?

Thanks

Dave

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dave Gurney​ , the tDataEncrypt is only available in Talend enterprise subscription products Talend Data Management Platform, Talend Big Data Platform, Talend Real Time Big Data Platform, Talend Data Services Platform, and in Talend Data Fabric. Here is a KB article about the usage of tDataEncrypt and tDataDecrypt components. With open studio, you can follow the suggestions in this page.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dave Gurney​ , the tDataEncrypt is only available in Talend enterprise subscription products Talend Data Management Platform, Talend Big Data Platform, Talend Real Time Big Data Platform, Talend Data Services Platform, and in Talend Data Fabric. Here is a KB article about the usage of tDataEncrypt and tDataDecrypt components. With open studio, you can follow the suggestions in this page.

Regards

Shong