Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackStrong
Contributor II
Contributor II

Decryption using tSystem - how to hide passphrase

Hi.

I need to decrypt the files.

At the beginning I used tGPGDecrypt component but the issue was that many times I noticed that the pgp file was not decrypted but also I was not able to catch any exception/error during decryption. So the job was completed with success (Exit code = 0) but no decrypted files were there in the folder.

This is why I changed the approach and I implemented the solution based on tSystem component and calling gpg app. But doing this way I met another issue. The problem is that tSystem logs the full gpg command which is triggered. This is problematic because in the Talend job log I can find passphrase value as plain text (Studio and TMC) what is against security.

I know that I can store the passphrase in the file and calling gpg command I can use "--passphrase-file" option, but this is risky because it means that both private key and passphrase will be stored on the disk, so it means that anyone who has access to the disk will be able to decrypt the files.

My question is, how can I implement decryption without showing the passphrase in the Talend log using tSystem or maybe there is a different way how to decrypt the files using gpg and catch excetions/errors in case of decryption failure?

Is there any option to disable the logs for tSystem component?

Labels (2)
0 Replies