Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ankit7359
Creator II
Creator II

Difference between Talend Component Toolkit and Component Designer in Talend Open Studio?????

Hi,

Firstly,Happy Thanksgiving to all,

I was going through the developer tools and i came across Talend Component Toolkit...

Can anyone give me what exactly is the between Talend Component Toolkit and Component Designer in Talend Open Studio.??????

Component Desginer it is same as Talend Component Kit as it also helps in creating custom components...????

Pls help.....

Thanks in advance.

Ankit.

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankit7359 

For your first query, you will have to download the additional tools as mentioned in the Component Kit Guide.

Regarding second query, the first x after 7 specifies major changes and new functionalities within same version. The second x depicts the minor version like patches and minor version modifications.

I am really happy about your learning curve and you are learning lot of items everyday. Keep it up 🙂

Hope I have answered all the queries for your current topic. Could you please mark it as resolved for later reference? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Talend Component Tool Kit is the refined version of creating custom components in Talend within a framework model. Essentially the earlier component designer is same as the basic functionality remains same.

Since the component kit uses a standard framework to build your custom components, it will be easier to migrate and easier to get optimal performance while joining with other components.

Below link will provide the details of the Talend component Kit.

https://help.talend.com/reader/C0dGRfXr_xwP1vm8wG62BA/SGxjYVOKBZwp~ENBEWS50g

If the answer has helped you, could you please mark the topic as resolved? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi

ankit7359
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi @nthampi,

Greetings of the day,

i get that there is slight difference between Talend Component Kit and Component Designer...but what is this "Framework Model"---> that you are refering to ???

How is this Framework Model different from Component Designer and Talend Component Kit ??

Can you pls help me with this???

Thanks in advance,

Ankit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ankit,

Going forward the custom components have to be built on top of Talend Component Kit only. 

This will help Talend to merge them in a btter way since there is an underlying frame work (way of doing things). 

I would suggest you to create a sample custom component so that you will become familiar with Talend Component Kit.

Warm regards,

Nikhil Thampi

ankit7359
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hi @nthampi,

Thanks for your solution and time,

Really Helful, but one last query ------------> doesnt Talend Open Studio(Enterprise and Free Tool or any other version) 7.x.x have component designer embedded in the studio????

Also another question -> can you pls tell me what is this ----> 7.x.x....(7 here is major release of the Talend product and the first "x" points the "subversion" and what does the third "x" do???)

Well, I would like to master Talend like you and become a Happy man!!!

Thanks,

Ankit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ankit7359 

For your first query, you will have to download the additional tools as mentioned in the Component Kit Guide.

Regarding second query, the first x after 7 specifies major changes and new functionalities within same version. The second x depicts the minor version like patches and minor version modifications.

I am really happy about your learning curve and you are learning lot of items everyday. Keep it up 🙂

Hope I have answered all the queries for your current topic. Could you please mark it as resolved for later reference? Kudos are also welcome 🙂

Warm Regards,

Nikhil Thampi