Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Difference between tMysqlSCDELT and tMysqlSCD components

Hi All,

What is the difference between tMysqlSCDELT and tMysqlSCD components. ? I've read about these two components in the documentation . I've understood that both serve same purpose. But there should be some differences otherwise we do not have two different components. Can anyone help on this.
Labels (2)
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
The difference is that the operation of tMySQLSDCELT is available inside a MySql database, however, tMySQLSCD can be used in two MySQL DB.
For example, I have two DB. One is "test" and the other is "test2". If I want to use the SCD technology between "test"and "test2". I only use tMySQLSCD as the solution. Hope it will helpful for you.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Thanks for the info. But what will happen if I use tMySQLSDCELT between two DB. Can u plz elaborate with some samle job..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
In tMySqlSCDELT component, for the Source Table and the Target Table, there is one Connection. So tMySqlSCDELT component cannot be used in between two DB.
See my pic
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MEIP.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the explanation Sabrina. It helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You are welcome, feel free post your issue on forum.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Just wish to clarify one thing. Does tMySqlSCDELT is some what related to Extract-Load-Transform (ELT) method while tMySqlSCD is related to Extract-Transform-Load method (ETL).
Can you please put some light on this.
Best Regards,
Mayur
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mayur,
I think you are right. Usually, we choose to use them depending on your situation.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Let me know the purpose of tMysqlSCDELT and tMysqlSCD in briefly.
Many Thanks,
Laddu Rasool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  Laddu Rasool,
Slowly Changing Dimensions (SCDs) are dimensions that have data that slowly changes. The SCD editor offers the simplest method of building the data flow for the SCD outputs. In the SCD editor, you can map columns, select surrogate key columns, and set column change attributes through combining SCD types.
Please take a look at SCD management methodologies in component reference: TalendHelpCenter:tMysqlSCD.
Best regards
Sabrina