Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BhavikaW
Contributor III
Contributor III

Download Files using tsystem

Hi,

I am trying to download the files using ftp commands through tsystem component but I am not sure about the configuration of tsystem. I have found the following command on google but it doesnot work for me using tsystem.I have added the entire command in option using single command

new String[]{"/bin/bash","-c","sftp -p port_number user_name@server_name0683p000009MAB6.pngath_where_files_located get *"}

The command doesnot mention anything about where the files will be put after downloading. Please let me know if I am missing out something

Kindly help me with the issue.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
fdenis
Master
Master

download location depend on you pc configuration.
yo can use tFtp components to download your file.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

May I know the reason why you are not using the FTP components of the Talend and trying to use shell commands to do the SFTP?

0683p000009M5Vp.png

I would recommend to use Talend components wherever possible instead of Unix commands since it will give the data flow a better graphical representation. If we are trying to call everything through tSystem component, we are not fully utilizing Talend's capabilities.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂