Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayQueue
Creator
Creator

Duplication of working job results in Could not find or load main class talend_shared....

Hello,

I'm duplicating a working job in TOS and when I try to run it I get

Error: Could not find or load main class talend_shared.doc_alfresco2magda_0_5.DOC_Alfresco2MAGDA.

Any ideas what's causing this?

I tried searching but I could only older posts stating there's someting wrong with the Java version, but since the original job runs I don't hink the Java version is the culprit.

Sincerely,

Jonathan

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is not a big difference between copy and duplicate.

Duplicate VS Copy a Job

Duplicate: create a copy of the Job under the same folder with a new Job name (copy_of_JobName).

Copy: copy and paste the new job with a default name (JobName_copy) under the same folder or another folder.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

On which talend build version you got this issue?​ Does this "Could not find or load main class "error only occur in this duplicated job? What's JDK version are you using?

In addition, if you don't mind, could you please open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there; if you do, we will appreciate it a lot if you can paste it here.

About how to open this error log: in your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Best regards

Sabrina

JayQueue
Creator
Creator
Author

The build is 7.1.1.20181026_1147 with JDK 1.8.0_221.

Now I tried to copy the job, rename it and run it. Now the job runs, whereas duplicate still fails.

Is there a big difference between copy and duplicate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is not a big difference between copy and duplicate.

Duplicate VS Copy a Job

Duplicate: create a copy of the Job under the same folder with a new Job name (copy_of_JobName).

Copy: copy and paste the new job with a default name (JobName_copy) under the same folder or another folder.

Best regards

Sabrina