Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjj
Contributor
Contributor

Dynamic Comparison (or joins)

Hi all,

I'm confusing myself thinking of the possibilities for this, and will be the first to admit I'm by no means a Guru with Talend.  I'm currently on v6.2 of TOS for Data Integration.

Scenario
I'd like to be able to compare table A with table B.  This will mainly be a matching/non-matching field output, which is simple enough with a tMap and rejected joins etc.  
Where it gets trickier - is it possible, with a Context load and some Java components etc., to define two tables of choice, say "Users A" and "Users B", then have a job dynamically look at the matching columns for each, then compare the contents of the matching columns?
Essentially, the schema/fields are considered "unknown", and the TOS job would require the ability to determine the table schema, then automatically join the identical column names.

Is this possible, or am I on a fools errand here?   

(I have attached an incredibly crude picture to demonstrate, or attempt to demonstrate, what I'm trying to do)

Many thanks for reading

Labels (2)
2 Replies
gorotman
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,
not simple to do....take a look to this: A Talend Open Studio Walkthrough: Dynamic Schemas 
Your attachment is missed?! :-)
bye
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,
Suggest you to read about dynamic schema at http://bekwam.blogspot.fr/2011/06/dynamic-schemas-in-talend-open-studio.html?m=1

Regards,
TRF