Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asafrian1700127126
Contributor II
Contributor II

Dynamic Password for tfileArchive

Hi, as far as I know, the password for file encryption in tfileArcive was entered manually and has not changed.
Can I create a password from a variable generated for the tfilearchive component? For example, the password is filled with the date and changes every day depending on the date when the job is executed. Is it possible?

Labels (1)
  • Other

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

You can try that use a context variable in the password filed, change the value of context variable on tJava before it is used in each execution.

Shicong_Hong_0-1719540983314.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Hi

You can try that use a context variable in the password filed, change the value of context variable on tJava before it is used in each execution.

Shicong_Hong_0-1719540983314.png

asafrian1700127126
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Why does it look different from my talend? Can't input context in password, I use talend open studio for esb. Encrypt method have AES and default, but even default can't fill with context.

asafrian1700127126_0-1719542237144.png

asafrian1700127126_0-1719542586133.png

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

Which version are you using? Can't input value directly in the password filed, need to click ... button to open the window and then input the string. 

Shicong_Hong_0-1719557163444.png

asafrian1700127126
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I forget the version (I'll find out later) but the one I use is talend open studio for esb, to enter the password it must be enclosed in double quotes. When I just enter context.name or +context.name+ without double quoting an error occurs. But when filled with "context.name" (with double quotes) there is no error, but when the zip file is extracted the password is in the form of a string (the string inside the quotes) and not a variable generated from the context. How can I read the variable generated inside the double quotes?

asafrian1700127126_0-1719887736730.png

Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

I am using v8.0.1 and I don't have the compilation error when filled with context.name (without double quotes), "context.name" (with double quotes) is treated as a string, not a context variable. I suggest you to use the latest version of studio.