Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNasif
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic Schema for JSON Parsing

Hello Community,

I am going to keep this short, I am interested in looking into using dynamic schemas for JSON data parsing. I have an Oracle DB that has JSON Strings stored into one of the columns. There are 2 columns in total, a message/payload column and a header column, the payload column include the row's columns and relative inputs, the header contains he object name as well as some other metadata. As such, my JSON inputs come in many slightly differing schemas, i.e.: some have ID, First Name and last Name, while another strings includes the same fields but with the addition of address for example. Knowing that my payloads would be random and could suddenly have an increase or decrease in number of fields due to changes in front end and data collection, how can I account for that automatically in my job?

P.S.: I am aware that dynamic type columns are unavailable for JSON based inputs/outputs but I was hoping for some assistance in finding a work around.

Thank you for your time!

Sam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It is a new feature (tFileOutputJSON: Enabling Dynamic Datatype Support) and fortunately this is already implemented in talend 8.0.1-R2022-05

As the status is Done and we will keep you update to it.

Here is a related topic about how to extract values from dynamic json fields.

Hope it helps.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vClF4CAK/how-to-extract-values-from-dynamic-json-f...

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It is a new feature (tFileOutputJSON: Enabling Dynamic Datatype Support) and fortunately this is already implemented in talend 8.0.1-R2022-05

As the status is Done and we will keep you update to it.

Here is a related topic about how to extract values from dynamic json fields.

Hope it helps.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00007vClF4CAK/how-to-extract-values-from-dynamic-json-f...

Best regards

Sabrina