Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

EDI FILE PROCESSING BOTH X12 AND EDIFACT IN TALEND

Hi
I tried to Load EDI File both EDIFACT and X12 File ,  EDIFACT Files i am able to load but Coming to X12 File i am unable to load as we did not find any relevant component for this,  tFileInputMSDelimited component some time is useful to load the X12 EDI File as an alternate but it is creating a problem when file has multiple loop's under parent tag or parent element.
we have used tSMOOKSInput but we need develop mapping file or XSD file like below
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<medi:edimap xmlns:medi=" http://www.milyn.org/schema/edi-message-mapping-1.0.xsd">
-------------------------
-------------------------
</medi:segments>
</medi:edimap>
which is an additional , and we have thousands of files..
bugtracker is created : https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/IF-69?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall...
with reference to post https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Job-Component-for-834-EDI-File/td-p/112407
               * any help is appreciated, it is urgent

thanks
AnilKumar Burri
Labels (4)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Anil
For you information, integration with Talend Studio for x12 mapping is in our roadmap for 2013 year.
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Shong, hope we will get a solution soon
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is is now midway though 2014 and I still do not see a component for handling X12 EDI documents. Is this something I am missing.
I am in the process of attempting to create EDI 850 documents and any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi 
i tried to load EDI X12 file into XML while processing file i am facing the below error.to transfer EDI file i am using tEDIFACTtoXML component.
connecting to socket on port 3411
connected
Unknown/Unexpected UN/EDIFACT control block segment code 'ISA'.
Exception in component tFileOutputXML_3
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.dom4j.io.XMLWriter.write(XMLWriter.java:337)
at edi_dataload.edi837_dataload_0_1.EDI837_DataLoad.tEDIFACTtoXML_2Process(EDI837_DataLoad.java:512)
at edi_dataload.edi837_dataload_0_1.EDI837_DataLoad.runJobInTOS(EDI837_DataLoad.java:787)
at edi_dataload.edi837_dataload_0_1.EDI837_DataLoad.main(EDI837_DataLoad.java:644)
disconnected
Thanks in advance 
sunil kumar

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

sunil kumar,
Did you figure it out? let me know
sasi8008
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, How to load 837 edi file to Talend data mapper , how to work with this  837 files. please provide information about 837 files.
am using Talend data fabric 6.1.1 version.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The data mapper is not easy to use. I strongly suggest you book a online web based training. I had such a training last year but because I do not use the data mapper - I mostly forgot everything. For me - the data mapper does not fit into the Talend product actually. It is like a foreign matter.
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
can any one know the how to process the 837 EDI FILES.
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,
can any one know the how to process the 837 EDI FILES.
PLEASE CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.which components should i use?