Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alpha549
Creator II
Creator II

ESB : get error trace (on subjob error)

Hello everyone,

I'm testing something. Here is a simple job for a REST API :

0695b00000PKCj3AAH.png 

Here is the configuration of the upper tJavaRow, to throw an Exception using int i = 1/0;

0695b00000PKCjhAAH.png 

From this point, we switch to the OnSubjobError branch.

The lower tRESTResponse :

0695b00000PKCkkAAH.png 

I indeed get an error 500. Everything is ok.

In the console I get the expected Exception :

Exception in component tJavaRow_1 (api_err)

java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero

at talend_jobs_ua.api_err_0_1.api_err.tRESTRequest_1_LoopProcess(api_err.java:2959)

at talend_jobs_ua.api_err_0_1.api_err$RestServiceProviderImpl4TalendJob.processRequest(api_err.java:505)

at talend_jobs_ua.api_err_0_1.api_err$RestServiceProviderImpl4TalendJob.hello(api_err.java:615)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77)

at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:568)

at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.performInvocation(AbstractInvoker.java:179)

at org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:96)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:201)

at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSInvoker.invoke(JAXRSInvoker.java:104)

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:59)

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:96)

at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:308)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:121)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.http.AbstractHTTPDestination.invoke(AbstractHTTPDestination.java:265)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.doService(JettyHTTPDestination.java:247)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPHandler.handle(JettyHTTPHandler.java:79)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:235)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1434)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:190)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1349)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:191)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:127)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:516)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.lambda$handle$1(HttpChannel.java:388)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.dispatch(HttpChannel.java:633)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:380)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:277)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:311)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:105)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$1.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:104)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:883)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$Runner.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:1034)

at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

I would like to know if there is a way to get this stack trace in a global variable or something else ?

Thank you for you light !

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

This method may work for you. You will need to test it thoroughly though. I've literally just tested this method on a theory that it would work.

Here is the quick service I've knocked up.....

0695b00000PKGRmAAP.pngNotice the tJava_1 at the beginning. Here is the code for that......

java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream baos = new ByteArrayOutputStream();

String utf8 = java.nio.charset.StandardCharsets.UTF_8.name();

System.setErr(new java.io.PrintStream(baos, true, utf8));

globalMap.put("baos", baos);

Then, on an error, we go to the tJavaFlex_2 which has this code in the Main Code section....

java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream baos = ((java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream)globalMap.get("baos"));

String data = baos.toString(utf8);

baos.reset();

row2.error = data;

The tJavaFlex has an output column called error.

I tested this and it sends the error message to my XML output for the tRestResponse reporting the error.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This method may work for you. You will need to test it thoroughly though. I've literally just tested this method on a theory that it would work.

Here is the quick service I've knocked up.....

0695b00000PKGRmAAP.pngNotice the tJava_1 at the beginning. Here is the code for that......

System.setErr(new java.io.PrintStream(baos, true, utf8));

Then, on an error, we go to the tJavaFlex_2 which has this code in the Main Code section....

java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream baos = ((java.io.ByteArrayOutputStream)globalMap.get("baos"));

baos.reset();

row2.error = data;

The tJavaFlex has an output column called error.

I tested this and it sends the error message to my XML output for the tRestResponse reporting the error.

Alpha549
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello @Richard Hall​ 

Late answer from me.

I used a code I already have just to duplicate the output, sending it in the console and also in a global variable. (I use this code to duplicate out and err output in a txt file for my DI jobs, to keep a trace of Exceptions)

Here is the modified code, based on what you proposed :

First, commons.io must be imported :

0695b00000PKPjzAAH.png 

tJava_1

org.apache.commons.io.output.TeeOutputStream myOut = new org.apache.commons.io.output.TeeOutputStream(System.out, baos);

java.io.PrintStream ps = new java.io.PrintStream(myOut, true);

System.setOut(ps);

System.setErr(ps);

tJavaFlex_2

baos.reset();

System.out.println("DATAAAAAAA : " + data);

So the Exception is displayed as usual in the console, and also set in baos global var !

Do you think the code is okay ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It looks OK, but I've not tested it. If it works, then go with it....after rigorous testing 😉

Alpha549
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It work at first sight at least !

I think this will last !

Thanks for you help @Richard Hall​ ! 🙂

Topic solved