Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor

Enable parallel execution

Hi

I have created series of jobs in Talend , all these are called in main Job

These get executed as per the conditions in a sequence defined

Requirement :

I want to execute above main job any number of times with different inputs

So that parallel execution happens for different inputs 

Problem statement :

Currently from UI , I am unable to do this , because when I execute main job , it goes to processing mode , disabling me to work on it 

Expectation :

Tool should allow me to execute parallel sessions of same job with various inputs

Is there any license needed for that ?

If Talend allows it to execute from command prompt , I am happier

Is there any license needed for that ?

Please share the details of license needed to achieve this if any 

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You will see "Subscription" marked as blue word when you check the documentation, which means this feature is available in subscription solution not open source.

With talend open studio, you can build your job as a standalone one and execute job script file(.bat or .sh) out of talend studio in cmd.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

8 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

Hi , i think parallel execution is only for the talend studio , not the talend open studio.

Send me Love and Kudos

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Jeremy

What is the difference between Talend studio and Talend open studio ?

How to achieve the requirement , if you can give me a headsup

Thanks

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Also I think it is Talend open studio for data integration and Talend open studio for big data

Not sure which module we have to install

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​   Please help on this query

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Parallel executions of multiple subJobs is available in talend open studio.

The Multi thread execution feature allows you to run multiple subJobs that are active in the workspace in parallel.

Parallel iterations for reading data is available in talend open studio.

A parallelization-enabled Iterate connection allows the component that receives threads from the connection to read those threads in parallel.

Please have a look at this documentation about: TalendHelpCenter: Using parallelization to optimize Job performance and let us know which solutions you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

gjeremy1617088143

Hi it depends of the way you want to parrallelize, some ways are free, some need subscription.

The Documentation Sabrina send to you show with example how you could achieve this with free method and subscription method

Send me Love and Kudos

krivamsi30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI Sabrina [ @Xiaodi Shi​ 

Thanks for your response

I am looking to parallelize main job with different inputs , will check the documentation and get back to you if it fits

Meanwhile , could you also pl share the documentation if any with or without subscription , on How to execute Main Talend job from command prompt providing arguments

Or is there any process to execute the Talend job in backend not in front end , so it will enable us to initiate another job

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You will see "Subscription" marked as blue word when you check the documentation, which means this feature is available in subscription solution not open source.

With talend open studio, you can build your job as a standalone one and execute job script file(.bat or .sh) out of talend studio in cmd.

Best regards

Sabrina