Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user19
Contributor
Contributor

Encoding utf 8 for JSON in Talend studio

Hi,

I am calling my Rest route where some data contains German umlauts. I am trying to convert it in utf-8 encoding. I followed this

link . my runtime is running as a service so i added wrapper.java.additional.13-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 . Restarted the runtime and call the service in Soap UI but it still has scrambled letters. Any guesses why this solution is not working or is there any other way to do this?

if I call the original endpoint in response I can see that it is specified in content-Type

0695b00000QCFTfAAP.png

can we also set this in header?

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where does the data come from that is returned from your service? Where is it being displayed? It looks like the result is being viewed in Soap UI. Have you set the encoding for Soap UI?

user19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

yes result is being displayed in SOAP UI. If I set the encoding in SOAP UI. then results are ok. so SOAP UI. I can't directly encode it in studio?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about what Studio returns to the Output Window or what the web service run in Studio returns to the application calling it? Since you are wrapping web services within a web service of yours, it is very difficult to interpret precisely what is happening. We will need a lot more info from questions. Generally screenshots of the whole job/service, configurations and API specifications of APIs you are calling.

user19
Contributor
Contributor
Author

No, web service runs in the studio and then directly calling it in Soap UI. here are the screen shots of route integration

0695b00000QCr3LAAT.png0695b00000QCr3kAAD.png