Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DM1643838338
Contributor
Contributor

Error Exporting service in Talend ESB 7.3.1

When I try to export a service I am getting a Build Failure. The lastGenerated.log has an error:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:3.0.0:single (default) on project getOrderNature-bundle: Error reading assemblies: Error locating assembly descriptor: C:\devtools\Talend\TOS_ESB-V7.3.1M3\Studio\workspace\ORDERHISTORY\poms\jobs\process\OrderHistory\OrderHistoryPortType\getOrderNature\getordernature_0.2/src/main/assemblies/assembly.xml

[ERROR] 

[ERROR] [1] [INFO] Searching for file location: C:\devtools\Talend\TOS_ESB-V7.3.1M3\Studio\workspace\ORDERHISTORY\poms\jobs\process\OrderHistory\OrderHistoryPortType\getOrderNature\getordernature_0.2\C:\devtools\Talend\TOS_ESB-V7.3.1M3\Studio\workspace\ORDERHISTORY\poms\jobs\process\OrderHistory\OrderHistoryPortType\getOrderNature\getordernature_0.2\src\main\assemblies\assembly.xml

[ERROR] 

[ERROR] [2] [INFO] File: C:\devtools\Talend\TOS_ESB-V7.3.1M3\Studio\workspace\ORDERHISTORY\poms\jobs\process\OrderHistory\OrderHistoryPortType\getOrderNature\getordernature_0.2\C:\devtools\Talend\TOS_ESB-V7.3.1M3\Studio\workspace\ORDERHISTORY\poms\jobs\process\OrderHistory\OrderHistoryPortType\getOrderNature\getordernature_0.2\src\main\assemblies\assembly.xml does not exist.

[ERROR] 

[ERROR] [3] [INFO] File: C:\devtools\Talend\TOS_ESB-V7.3.1M3\Studio\workspace\ORDERHISTORY\poms\jobs\process\OrderHistory\OrderHistoryPortType\getOrderNature\getordernature_0.2\src\main\assemblies\assembly.xml does not exist.

[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

[ERROR] 

Any idea on how to fix it? Also I can see only the part of the log. How to increase the size of the log so I can get more information?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you ever applied some patch in your Talend ESB 7.3.1 studio recently?

From above error message, it looks like a maven error.

Are you able to build a simple Standalone Job successfully in your current Talend ESB 7.3.1 studio?

In addition to that, you are able to increase the logging level in the lastGenerated.log file

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Increase-the-logging-level-in-the-lastGenerated-log-file-jAfW...

https://community.talend.com/s/article/Increasing-the-number-of-files-and-log-size-in-the-Karaf-logs

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Sabrina

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Dina Masis​ 

This is what I do when I get this same error:

1. Close Studio and make a backup of your workspace

2. Open file explorer and search for the Job name (i.e. getOrderNature)

3. This search might find lots of folders and files with similar name, some with lower case and some with the exact same name. Delete them except for the .item, .properties and .screenshot files under <workspace>/project_name/process/(...) folder as these are the source files of your Job. Usually the files that need to be deleted are under <workspace>/project_name/poms/(...) and these poms are what is preventing a correct build of the job.

4. Open Studio again and Run the Job. This will regenerate the poms again. Hopefully they'll be correct this time.

This is not a definitive solution but it usually works for me.