Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpiitv
Contributor
Contributor

Error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel

Hi Team,

I'm trying to establish SFTP connection using tFTPConnection component and I'm using auth type is Public Key but getting error Auth Cancel. But with the same creds I'm able login in WinSCP, so problem with component, Could someone please have look into it. Please.

Getting below error :

Error: com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth cancel

Labels (2)
21 Replies
arpiitv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Shicong Hong​ @Xiaodi Shi​ @Fred Trebuchet​ @Manohar B​ @David Oxley​ 

one of thread where David did some changes in javalet file but dont know what changes he made

He's reply - I managed to apply a hack/patch to make this work..

I edited the "plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_6.3.0.20161026_1219\components\tFTPConnection\tFTPConnection_begin.javajet" file and forced the template to generate both the "public key" code option and the "password" option, not either or.

And it worked.

Can we please wire this option into future versions?

Can someone please me to understand what changes he made? @Richard Hall​ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using ssh service for this server?

Is it OK with you to use "tScpConnection" and enable sftp with same login information as tFtpConnection to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

arpiitv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ is not working, could you please suggest me something else, actually there is multi factor authentication require and Tftp connection not supporting this multi auth.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi arpiitv

David was using v6.3.0 which was a bit old version, it should be a bug. Which version of studio are you using?

Regards

Shong

arpiitv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ , thanks for reply

@Shicong Hong​ @Xiaodi Shi​ @Richard Hall​ @Lolling Jan​ 

I'm using 7.3.1 version. please see attachment also of component and error0693p00000BW3u7AAD.jpg0693p00000BW3u2AAD.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Arpit Verma​ you mention that multi-factor authentication is required here. Can you explain exactly how this would work? Multi-factor authentication usually involves a user intervention. This may not actually be possible here without a Java workaround. Before we can understand the full issue we need to know what the precise steps are for access to this FTP location

arpiitv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Richard Hall​ you're right but looks like @David Oxley​ he was facing that issue too but he did made some changes on java let file, please find his comments -one of thread where David did some changes in javalet file but dont know what changes he made

He's reply - I managed to apply a hack/patch to make this work..

I edited the "plugins\org.talend.designer.components.localprovider_6.3.0.20161026_1219\components\tFTPConnection\tFTPConnection_begin.javajet" file and forced the template to generate both the "public key" code option and the "password" option, not either or.

And it worked.

Can we please wire this option into future versions?

@Shicong Hong​ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Password and public key is not what I was thinking when you said multi-factor authentication. Usually multi-factor authentication involves a manual step during the login process. If you were to login to this FTP location manually (without Talend), how would you go about doing this? What steps are required?

arpiitv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Richard Hall​ @Shicong Hong​ @Xiaodi Shi​ , Attaching snaps of steps which I've followed while connecting FTP through WinSCP.

1. First I've given username, host , post and password. Below is attachment.0693p00000BWYahAAH.jpg
  2. Changed the advance setting to set ppk file.0693p00000BWYawAAH.jpg
  3. proxy setting in advance site setting itself.0693p00000BWYb1AAH.jpg

All things are saved, one more thing I want to show while connection FTP location winSCP gives authentication steps.0693p00000BWYbBAAX.jpgKindly take a look, hope these things will help you get your answers. @Shicong Hong​ @Richard Hall​ @Xiaodi Shi​