Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgreenx
Creator
Creator

Error message "Branches has been changed!" when starting Talend Studio 8

When I start Talend Studio 8 on my laptop, I get the following error first thing (before selecting a project). I can click OK and continue and everything runs as before. Anyone know what causes this error?

0695b00000SqDkXAAV.png

Branches has been changed!

Please check and logon manually.

I did a search of the online docs and so far I have not found this error.

Thanks,

dg

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are suspecting that your remote git is inconsistent with the local one and there might be detached issue from your side.

Please try to do backup workspace (very important step) and git pull --update to see if it helps.

In addition to that, is there any error message in your studio log which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log? If so, we will appreciate it a lot if you could post it in this thread.

Best regards

Sabrina

dgreenx
Creator
Creator
Author

Note, there are two sections of the log text below that look like errors/warnings. Are either causing this issue?

!STACK 0

Studio can't access the resource from server, please check the resource url.

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.client.AbstractClient.getLibNexusServer(AbstractClient.java:861)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.services.RemoteService.getLibNexusServer(RemoteService.java:64)

at org.talend.core.nexus.TalendLibsServerManager.getCustomNexusServer(TalendLibsServerManager.java:144)

at org.talend.designer.maven.ui.MavenUIService.updateMavenResolver(MavenUIService.java:74)

at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2261)

at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$1.run(LoginHelper.java:578)

at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)

Caused by: Studio can't access the resource from server, please check the resource url.

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.RestUtil.getResponseText(RestUtil.java:282)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.AbsCommonRestApi.getResponseText(AbsCommonRestApi.java:990)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.AbsCommonRestApi.getLibNexusServerResult(AbsCommonRestApi.java:688)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.AbsCommonRestApi.getLibNexusServer(AbsCommonRestApi.java:681)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.rest.request.TicRestApi.getLibNexusServer(TicRestApi.java:142)

at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.client.AbstractClient.getLibNexusServer(AbstractClient.java:832)

... 6 more

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2022-06-24 09:35:42.465

!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git

user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'C:\Users\dgreen'. If this is

not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and

EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.

This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's Talend instance are you trying to access? TAC url or Cloud? It looks like studio is not pushing changes to GIT

Have you tried to do backup workspace (very important step) and git pull --update to see it helps?

Best regarda

Sabrina