Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shalinim1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Error parsing parameter '--arguments': Expected: '=', received: ''' for input:

I'm trying to trigger AWS Glue job's execution passing some input parameters.

I ran the command below in AWS CLI and it worked fine by triggering the Glue job with the parameters mentioned.

Command used in AWS CLI: aws glue start-job-run --job-name gluejobname --region us-east-1 --arguments='--source_format="csv",--target_format="parquet",--source_path="s3://bucketname/foldername/"'

I tried running the same command using 'tsystem' component by adding an escape character in Talend open studio, it is throwing the error below and I'm not able to identify what went wrong here. Can anyone help me on this issue.

Command used in tsystem: "aws glue start-job-run --job-name gluejobname --region us-east-1 --arguments=\'--source_format=\"csv\",--target_format=\"parquet\",--source_path=\"s3://bucketname/foldername/\"\'"

Error:

Error parsing parameter '--arguments': Expected: '=', received: ''' for input:

'--source_format="csv",--target_format="parquet",--source_path="s3://bucketname/foldername/"'

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Shalini M​ ,

Could you please try the below command in tSystem component like:

"aws glue start-job-run --job-name gluejobname --region us-east-1 --arguments=--source_format=\"csv\",--target_format=\"parquet\",--source_path=\"s3://bucketname/foldername/\""

shalinim1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Aiming Chen​,

Thank you! It worked.​