Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error while connecting to web service Via tWebService

Hi There 
I am having some difficulty in connecting to a web service using the tWebService.
The API requires that i use a Certificate to authenticate. I have set up a tSetKeystore. I have set the keystore to a pfx (p12) certificate I have on disc, and set the password correctly (in desperation i have also set the same options under 'Need Client Authentication' option as well) . I have also set the up the endpoint in the WSDL file.
I am certain that the certificate works on the endpoint as i have used the endpoint, WSDL and the very same certificate file in a C# solution that works just fine.
I keep getting errors regarding the certificate. Below is a sample of some (with 2 warnings) 
WARNING: Default key managers cannot be initialized: Password must not be null
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password must not be null

WARNING: Interceptor for {}XXXXXXXX#{}xxxxxxxxxx has thrown exception, unwinding now
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not send Message.

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSLHandshakeException invoking : sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target
I have attached the output in a txt for more detail. 
Sample_Output.txt.txt
Additional to this issue I will need to have the job load the certificate and the cert password dynamically based on a DB call can anyone tell me if that is possible. 
Thank you for your time  
Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Are you able to successfully import the certificate? Can you put a screenshot of how you have the job setup?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina 
The certificate was supplied by the Company that owns the API (test credentials) . I have successfully used the cert in a browser and in C# code to access the API and associated API documentation. 
I am using the pfx file they supplied and the password provided directly from a directory location. 
attached are two screen shots of the job under construction 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Thank you for your post! We can't see the screenshot on our side. Could you attach it on the forum, please? That would be great.
Note: Screenshots works only if you drag&drop the image directly in the editor window. 
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009MCRe.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina. Sorry about that. 
attached the images as requested. 
0683p000009MCG5.png 0683p000009MCMV.png