Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushantk19
Creator
Creator

Error while sending emails through tsend email task

Hello,

We are facing issues with tsend email task used in our production workflows. It was working fine before but from past 1 week, this task does not work reliabily and consistently.

The error we get is as below:

tSendMail_1 Can't send command to SMTP host

javax.mail.MessagingException: Can't send command to SMTP host;

nested exception is:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake

and subsequent jobs dont run because tSend email task file, I have uploaded the configuration screenshot of tasks which was working before successfully. Can someone please help asap as these are production jobs which are getting impacted.

smtp email id is : smtp.office365.com

port: 587

Labels (4)
9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do you mean with job does not run reliable? Sometimes it works, sometimes not?

I guess it has something to do with some new firewall rules in case it has stopped working constantly.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes. sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. This is happening since last 1 week only. to test this, i scheduled an email task to run on remote engine. it succeeded 4 out of 5 times. so one time it failed with same issue. On contacing the IT support they asked to check with Talend Support for TLS version. Any idea what version should we have? whats the version you are using?

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

@Jan Lolling​ : can you pls elaborate more on new firewall rules? who has setup this new rules?? Microsoft and what are new rules. any documentation available for the same?

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

hello,

Any updates on this issue? email task seems to be failing quite often these days. our IT team tried to replace the email jar file on remote engine( as per talend supports team suggestion), but the jobs failed due to trigger on TMC. what else could we do. there are no firewall settings blocking this. this was also checked by our IT team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You run the job in a Talend Runtime triggered by the TMC? Please note the TMC will not import the passwords and also does not send them. We use the implicit context load to feed the jobs with our credentials (like database logins etc).

It could be the error message is a bit misleading and the actual problem is the failed authentication.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

yes we run the jobs in TMC by publishing the job from studio. We do not use any talend run time properties or edit any properties in TMC. whatever is used in Studio is used to run on cloud. i do not think its issue with authentication as it would never work in that case. the failure probability is low in our case, but the impact is huge when the job fails.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The TMC sends the context parameters, you cannot prevent that. Could you please check if the context parameters are enclosed with " ? These " at the beginn and end must be removed! There was some versions of the studio in which these (stupid) " was automatically added by the studio. These " have no meaning and cause problems in when starting jobs with the TMC.

And again, please keep in mind if the context parameters contains Password parameters, these parameters will not send (instead they send null - means the job gets the parameter value deleted!

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

i got a response to the above issue from talend support as below:

Since this issue with error " tSendMail_1 Can't send command to SMTP host" is fixed by patch 7.3.1 R2021-10, you can please test it after install this patch. I will inform you once the patch to be released.

Anyone aware of this or facing the same issue as us??? please note: we started facing this issue a month back only. Earlier all our email jobs were working fine.

sushantk19
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry, but this is not applicable to us. All our email jobs and other jobs were working fine. just 1 month before only we started facing the issue with email task.