Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IKalba
Contributor
Contributor

Errors when importing job design files

Hi, wonder if someone could help me please?

I'm trying to import 3 files (as below, which are saved on my desktop) into a job design folder I just created following https://help.talend.com/r/6lpaT_M~MEVrltFQcrPe4g/X6G4Y4EyJ_1xs6_tOaKC0g steps but I keep getting errors.

I tried both root directory and archived file and no luck. Can someone please advise?

Many thanks,

Iga

migrate_from_prod_all_records_2021.properties

migrate_from_prod_all_records_2021.screenshot

migrate_from_prod_all_records_2021.item

Labels (2)
8 Replies
prg
Employee
Employee

Hello @Iga Kalbarczyk​ ,

Could you please provide us the error logs/screenshot?

Also, please confirm if you are trying to import these files individually or these 3 files are store under a directory?

Regards,

Vaishnavi

IKalba
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Vaishnavi Khandelwal​ ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I’m selecting import as below:

0693p00000BZDElAAP.pngSelect archive files and click “Browse”:

0693p00000BZDEqAAP.png 

Select each file individually from my desktop and click “Open”:

0693p00000BZDF0AAP.png 

And I get vague error:

0693p00000BZDFAAA5.png 

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, so I would be grateful if you could advise how to import those files into a Job Designs.

Thanks,

Iga

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Try this way, go to Windows-->Show views, and then open Navigator view, copy the three item files and paste them to process folder, back to Repository and fresh, check if the job appears or not.

0693p00000BZDGmAAP.png 

Regards

Shong

IKalba
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Shicong Hong​ thanks for the tip, tried that as well, but I have no 'navigation' listed (different version perhaps?)

0693p00000BZDMBAA5.pngI tried adding directly to folder instead

0693p00000BZDMGAA5.png 

which seems to partially work

0693p00000BZDMQAA5.png 

(and I know there is nothing wrong with the files itself, they did work on my old laptop just fine)

Any suggestions please?

Thanks

Iga

IKalba
Contributor
Contributor
Author

apologies for chasing, but wonder if you will be able to have a look please @Shicong Hong​ ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delaying response. Is it possible to export the job items again from old laptop? About the Navigator viewer, if it doesn't appears, go to Windows-->Show views, and then open Navigator view.

Regards

Shong

IKalba
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thank you @Shicong Hong​ I've managed to get my hands on my old laptop, old files worked like a charm.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for your feedback!

Regards

Shong