Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Hi All.
One Table has 4,5 million rows.
I am Exporting those rows to another table and I am getting this error message.
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

I read many discussions about that same problem and I applied these configurations: 

+ For the cursor in the input component: 100000

+ For the advanced settings of the execution tab for the JVM parameters: -Xms1024  //  -Xmx1024  //  -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit

Please find attached the design of my job.

I want to know if it's an optimization issue ( so I have to change the design of the job, ...which it's not very possible due to business model matters) or it's a classic memory issue (so I have just to increase the memory for JVM).

I'm on Talend Open Studio for Data Integration 6.5.1.

I have to wait 2 hours for each test... it's a little bit hard lol

Thanks for your time and answers! 
Hedi

Labels (1)
5 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Did you tried to change Xms value to 2048 or 4096 or more?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello TRF! Thank you for your answer and attention! 

Yes I did it once... -Xms2048, but with a -Xmx245 (not sure about the value and the role of this parameter)

Hedi

Alessandro_Lachina
Contributor
Contributor

Try without use cursor in input and put a minor value on destination (batch 10.000 and commit every 10.000).

I think use cursor affect memory usage, if number of rows in cursor is high could be the problem.

gjeremy1617088143

Hi in JVM parameters : xms is the minimum amount of memory you want your job use at his launch, and xmx the maximum amount of memory the job will use.

one exemple : xms 1024 xmx 4096 , the job will begin with 1024 and can up to 4096 when more memory usage is needed.

Send me Love and Kudos and Greetings from France

kakooo16
Creator
Creator

Salem Hedi ,

U can use store Temp Data in tmap