Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/odysseus/staxon/json/JsonXMLConfigBuilder

I am getting this error when I run my job in the Talend cloud but not when I run it in Studio.  I also have another job that references that class in its code and it runs fine in the cloud.  It looks like that class is used by the tExtractJSONFields component when Xpath is used in the 'Read by' field.

My studio version is:

Talend Cloud Real-Time Big Data Platform
Version: 7.2.1
Build id: 20190620_1446
Java version: 1.8.0_221

Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (5)
11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
I have many jobs that use tExtractJsonFields component are scheduled to run on Talend Cloud, I publish the jobs from studio 7.1.1, all of them works fine. I am not sure if it is a bug on studio 7.2.1? Need to do some testing.
Have you tried to re-publish the job or create a new job? Do they always have the same issue?

Regards
Shong
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have other jobs in 7.2.1 that reference the same JsonXMLConfigBuilder class and work fine.  I tried rebuilding, redeploying, etc. but no help.  This job runs fine in Studio but not in the Talend cloud.  I will try to reproduce the error with a simple job if I can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Share me the simple job which can used to reproduce the error, I will test it also on v7.2.1.
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

See attached simple job that reproduces the error.  Note that the error seems to occur only when recursion is implemented via a facade into a sub job.  Thanks.

TestJsonXMLConfigBuilderBug.zip
Anonymous
Not applicable

@nfz11, I have tried to import your job, but it missed the child job called by tRunJob, can you try to export the main job & child job again?
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@shong here is the export of the job again, this time I included dependencies.  Thanks.

TestJsonXMLConfigBuilderBug.zip
nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @shong were you able to look at the latest job upload?  Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nfz11, I have imported your job and make some testing on v7.2.1, the job works both in studio and Talend Cloud. It seems the required jar staxon-1.2.jar is missing during you publish the job to Talend Cloud. Please check and make some testing.
1. Go to Windows-->Show views-->Talend and open Modules view.
2. Check if the staxon-1.2.jar is installed or not. 

0683p000009M8Z9.png

3. Delete the old task on Talend Cloud and re-deploy the job to Talend Cloud. 

Regards

Shong

nfz11
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @shong thanks for the suggestion.  I looked at the module list like you said and staxon-1.2.jar was already installed.  I installed a few other modules that were missing for tExtractJSONFields and deleted the job from the cloud and uploaded it again, but I still got the same error.  It is strange because like I said, other jobs that use tExtractJSONFields run in the cloud without a problem.  It is only when I introduce recursion that the job fails.