Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Export File with offset week number as filename

I have a relatively simple task which I can't seem to get my head around.

I've created a job which queries a database and outputs the results in an excel file for end users to utilise. 

The file has data pertaining to business transacted by the company in the previous week and I need to output the file with previous week number. I currently can get the file to output with the current week number using the Filename field in tFileOutputExcel Component as follows:

"$$PATH\\FILENAME WEEK "+TalendDate.getPartOfDate("WEEK_OF_YEAR", TalendDate.parseDate("dd-MM-yyyy", TalendDate.getDate("dd-MM-YYYY")))+"xlsx"

This outputs "FILENAME WEEK 38" but I need it to be offset by -1 week, so it is named "FILENAME WEEK 37 and I can't figure out how to get this to work as it doesn't seem to follow the same logic as the daily one:

+TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd"),"yyyyMMdd",-1,"dd") - This will produce an offset of 1 day

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using version 6.4.1

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This was my initial approach, but I realize now where I was going wrong - I needed to include the date adjustment as a nested TalendDate.getDate function within the parseDate function 

This works:

"$$PATH/FILENAME WEEK "+TalendDate.getPartOfDate("WEEK_OF_YEAR", TalendDate.parseDate("dd-MM-yyyy", TalendDate.getDate(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getDate("dd-MM-yyyy"),"dd-MM-yyyy",-7,"dd")))) +".xlsx"

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried subtracting 7 days from the current date?

fdenis
Master
Master

TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getDate("yyyyMMdd"),"yyyyMMdd",-7,"dd")

week is 7 days

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This was my initial approach, but I realize now where I was going wrong - I needed to include the date adjustment as a nested TalendDate.getDate function within the parseDate function 

This works:

"$$PATH/FILENAME WEEK "+TalendDate.getPartOfDate("WEEK_OF_YEAR", TalendDate.parseDate("dd-MM-yyyy", TalendDate.getDate(TalendDate.addDate(TalendDate.getDate("dd-MM-yyyy"),"dd-MM-yyyy",-7,"dd")))) +".xlsx"