Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFryk
Contributor
Contributor

Extract Odata to tMap???

I have pull data and formatted it to JSON from a tRestAPI. When I attempt to extract it with tExtract JSON, it fails.

I also tried setting the output to xml and using

tExtract

XML, I get blank results. When I attempt to look at an online formatter it seems the @odata.etag is causing the failure in both formats. Has anyone encounter and resolved a similar issue?

Sample of my results attached.

Labels (6)
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can you share a screenshot of the basic setting of tExtract JSONFileds? I am trying to reproduce the issue, if I set the JSON query for the field as below and it works.

"['@odata.etag']"

Regards

Shong

JFryk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank for your response and knowledge!

I have my Json query I started with and the one you suggested above, neither produced results. If you can provide further assistance or clarity that would be very appreciated.

0695b00000lv06kAAA.jpg0695b00000lv06VAAQ.jpg 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have no result, means there must be something wrong on the mapping configuration. Can you share an example response from tRestClient_1 for testing? You can remove or replace the real value from the response string before you share it.

JFryk
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much for you assistance!

Here is the output with masked data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

You have masked the data xxxxx without double quotes, it is an invaid JSON data. It's hard for me to add double quotes to these values one by one. I would suggest you to use this website https://jsonpathfinder.com/ to find the json path or go to Repository-->Metadata-->Json File, then create a json file metadata follows the GUI wizards, which enable you to drag and drop the node from the source schema to the loop path expression or the fields to extract, the json path will be generated automatically.

0695b00000lvLpgAAE.png