Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
med1
Creator
Creator

Extract the Attachement File from mail

Hello Community,

Happy new year 2018.

So i want to extract the attachment file from Mail, i developed job which can extract the .txt .csv file attachments.

But i have specific case, i pop the email but i can't extract the attachment file (which have specific format).

do you have any idea, how to check the list of files we can extract using the tFileInputMail component.

Thanks,

BR,

Med

Labels (3)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Med,

Check this article. https://help.talend.com/reader/OpHcdGqm9SmwqW2fhzHnzw/PmSCiNSjST6h25NI5EkVGA 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

RekhaSree

med1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

Basically i used the same job to extract the file in attachments and it works for the files with extension (.csv, .xml..) . but in my case the file in attachment don't have any extension when i use tfileinputMail, it ignores the file.

Do you have in idea ?

thanks,

BR,

Med

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You can set basic settings of tFileInputMail as:
Column           Mail part
SUBJECT          SUBJECT
ATTACHMENT   ATTACHMENT to extract email attachment.
The work flow should be:

tPop --> tFileInputMail 
Let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

med1
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

I already dit this config but it is not working for attachments files which don't have extension.
Any other solution ?

Thanks,
BR,
Med
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can I know how to enable "Inline reaponse attachments" true in tsoap component to fetch the files from mail.

If i am using it in soap UI its working fine(in properties we have option to enable true) , where as in tsoap component it is not.

Any solution

Regards

sravya

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

The component tFileInputMail does work for files without attachment. The link to the KB article also shows an example which extracts all types of attachments.

There might be some other issue with the attachment. could you please share your job screen shot and the attachment you are trying to extract.

Thanks,

RekhaSree

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @penmetsasravya,

Could you please tell which version and component you are using. 

tSoap component does not have such feature. Please refer the link given below for the details on the component. 

https://help.talend.com/reader/v9wFTrfVYq8FM3TePctOTg/oIBkzFroAQwpoqPY4916RQ 

please elaborate on your requirement.

Thanks,

RekhaSree

NPrabhu
Contributor
Contributor

I face the same issue. My attachment does not have file extension. Same attachment when downloaded and renamed with extension, works fine with tFileInputMail

@med wrote:
Hello,

I already dit this config but it is not working for attachments files which don't have extension.
Any other solution ?

Thanks,
BR,
Med