Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA621858188
Creator
Creator

Extracting data from DB Table else keep on checking till we get records

Hi All,

I have one scenario where I need to check the records present or not in the table so that to start the next job. If we get records from the query which I am using select * from table where = condition. then proceed further else keep on checking the records after some interval till we get the records.

Can anyone help me with the job design. I know that we need to use mysqlinput component to check the data once but what components I can use for checking again and again the query to get the data.

Thanks in advance

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend Jobs are meant to be batch and not real-time. How often do you want to check this query? Also, what type of Talend product are using? Are you using the paid version or the free version?

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Richard Hall​ 

Thank you for your reply. I have to check for every 5 minutes for half an hr(30 mins) then will force completed the job. I am using Talend enterprise version(v7)

Can you tell me the job design which I should follow for the above scenario.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have access to Talend ESB? With Talend ESB you can have a Route continually running and checking that query. When the query returns something, you can initiate a Talend job from the route to carry out the further processing.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Richard Hall​ ,

we dont have Talend ESB. Is there any functionality in Talend Job itself. Kindly help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a bad idea to have a job running continuously. So another way of doing this is to write a job to check the query and process the output if it is found. Then configure that job in TAC (On-Premises) or TMC to run every 5 minutes.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Richard Hall​ In This can I use with loop components as I just want to check for 20-30 minutes only. If still didn't get records then I will just force complete the job.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You could set the tLoop logic to loop so many times and add a tSleep component to wait at the end of each attempt. So if you set the tSleep to wait 300 seconds and then limit the tLoop to 6 iterations, that would do it.

BA621858188
Creator
Creator
Author

@Richard Hall​  Do you have any Job design where you have used tloop and tsleep components.

As per my understanding I need to use the above job design in a separate job. Correct me if I am wrong.