Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III

Filepath must be specified : ERROR : EXCEL FILE

Hi Team, @Fred Trebuchet​ @Nikhil Thampi​ 

I am trying to read a file from the desktop , but it says " FILE PATH MUST BE SPECIFIED" - it's a excel file but isn't reading.

Please find the attachment

0695b00000IfQDQAA3.png 0695b00000IfRIVAA3.pngThanks,

Prabuj

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

For debugging, move file to another location or rename the file to a short name without blank space to see if you have the same issue.

Regards

Shong

mobmsc2
Creator
Creator

I encountered the same issue in Open Studio Data Integration 8.0.1 while trying to add an excel file's metadata. I tried

1. Renaming the file name to remove spaces
  2. Shortening the file name
  3. Renaming the worksheet to remove spaces
  4. Shortening the worksheet name

My file was smaller that the OPs

The strange thing is, if you add the file to tFileInputExcel and connect it to a tLogRow the file can be read the contents* . It would suggest to me an issue with the "Create excel file" feature of the metadata repository. I was able to configure the tFileInputExcel to use the original file path and worksheet name as well.

* I didn't get any output until I created a schema for the tFileInputExcel component. To avoid hand coding it I, exported the excel as a csv and was able to import that to the "File delimited" Metadata section. I then copied and pasted that schema to the excel component.