Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephbzr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Generate errors from a tMap

Hello, 

I'm looking to control data from a tMap.

- Some data come from a tJavaFlex, for example :

0695b00000dbOmOAAU.png 

- Others come from lookups, I created an output to gather the data to control 

0695b00000dbOmxAAE.png 

Then, my output is connected to a tFlowToIterate and to if conditions like if id_cent_ctrl == null then the message in tDie, which is captured by a tLogCatcher. 

0695b00000dbOnHAAU.png 

Although it works, I don't really like this method because even with "main order 1", the flow is executed at the same time as "main order 2". So in case of null data, I have the following exception

(from the tConvertType component) displayed : 

0695b00000dbOp3AAE.png 

Then the tDie exception.

0695b00000dbOp8AAE.pngAnd I want that before launching the "main order 2" flow, everything is checked and the job is stopped with tDie if necessary.

Isn't there a better way to do it?

Thanks.

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This error occurs on tConvertType if the input data contains null value. "main order 1" and "main order 2" are both of tMap outputs, they are executed in parallel, if you want everything is checked and die the job if an error occurs or an an conditions is matched, store the output of tMap to memory or temporary file and move the process to next subjob.

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

This error occurs on tConvertType if the input data contains null value. "main order 1" and "main order 2" are both of tMap outputs, they are executed in parallel, if you want everything is checked and die the job if an error occurs or an an conditions is matched, store the output of tMap to memory or temporary file and move the process to next subjob.

Regards

Shong