Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tYrannoSaurusRex_1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Getting list of all components used in a job

Hi,
I have created some jobs with something around 150+ components. I need to list down all the components I have used in it. I find all the names in the Outliner of Talend. But I need that list in text format. Is there any way to get it. I searched the code section, but didn't find anything useful. Right now I am doing it manually. Since most of the components are used multiple times, I just need to replace the last number in the name.
Any way to get it.
Labels (2)
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
So far, we don't have such a feature to list all components used in job.
Feel free to create a new feature or WorkItem jira issue of DI project on Talend Bug Tracker.
Best regards
Sabrina
tYrannoSaurusRex_1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi xdshi,
Thanks for reply. Please put the link to  WorkItem jira issue on Talend Bug Tracker. 

Also, if it is made possible, will it be available in new version or can be added in existing version of Talend Enterprise.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Please create a workitem jira issue of DI project and set the issue type as"Work Item".
https://jira.talendforge.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Also, if it is made possible, will it be available in new version or can be added in existing version of Talend Enterprise.

We are not sure about it. Please let our developers check it firstly to see if it is possible.
Best regards
Sabrina

0683p000009MDOi.png
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi GuruGulabKhatri,
Have  you already created a jira issue? If so, could you please paste the url into forum?
Many thanks
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do this using a Talend Job to read the ".item"file for the Job in your workspace. ".item" files are just XML. They hold all of the information about  your Job. I was interested in whether your question was possible and knocked up a Job in 5 mins to do this. The result I got is shown below...
tContextDump|tContextDump_1
tContextDump|tContextDump_2
tContextLoad|tContextLoad_1
tExtractXMLField|tExtractXMLField_1
tExtractXMLField|tExtractXMLField_2
tFileInputDelimited|tFileInputDelimited_1
tFileInputDelimited|tFileInputDelimited_2
tFileOutputDelimited|tFileOutputDelimited_1
tFileOutputDelimited|tFileOutputDelimited_2
tJava|tJava_1
tJava|tJava_2
tJava|tJava_3
tJavaRow|tJavaRow_1
tJavaRow|tJavaRow_2
tLogRow|tLogRow_1
tLogRow|tLogRow_2
tLogRow|tLogRow_3
tLogRow|tLogRow_4
tLogRow|tLogRow_5
tMap|tMap_1
tMsgBox|tMsgBox_1
tRESTClient|tRESTClient_1
tRESTClient|tRESTClient_2
First, take a ".item" file that holds data on a Job (workspace\yourproject\process), take a copy and change the name to ".xml". DO NOT change the original file. This is simply done to trick Talend into letting you create XML metadata for the file type. Once this is done, create your XML metadata. I created a very simply piece of metadata and only selected a couple of elements.
Then use a tFileInputXML component with your new metadata and select a ".item" file for a Job you want the info on. Connect it up to a tMap so that you can present the data in any which way you want it.
Then you can connect the tMap to a tLogRow and dump the data out as I did. I screen shot of my job is below....

0683p000009MDea.png
I hope this helps
tYrannoSaurusRex_1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi xdshi,
I created a ticket on JIRA. Thanks for your support.
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/BAB-51
Hi rhall,
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll try it.