Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III

Git Commit Messages

Is there a way to limit the # of auto commits that Talend is making to Git, or disable auto-commit altogether?

It appears Talend is doing a commit on every save, which means that the git logs become too cumbersome to determine what's changed. Ideally, I'd be prompted to do a commit on a save, or before existing the application with a prompt to enter a commit message.

Labels (2)
17 Replies
chamak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @xdshi

I am using Talend Cloud Data Management Platform (7.0.1.20180712_921-patch).

Thanks

Chamak

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @chamak

Are you able to set to Unlock Item to commit for the GIT project in TAC?

Best regards

Sabrina

chamak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @xdshi

We're using Integration Cloud, not TAC.

Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't seen any settings whatsoever for Git Projects in TIC, other than of-course the repository address and permissions

Thanks

Roohul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

It looks like a new feature in TIC. With your subscription solution, could you please create a new case on talend support portal? In this way, our colleagues from support team will check it to see if there is a new feature/work item in TIC and then create a jira issue for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

chamak
Contributor
Contributor

Will definitely do so. Thanks very much @xdshi

nickheidke
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please reply back here if you have any updates!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get a reply on your ticket?

Right now it is not included in the Spring '19 Release Notes from Talend...

chamak
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry for my late reply everyone. This is the response I got from official support about the commit messages:

"The target release for those good features will be added is 7.2.1 so it will definitely getting better to reduce number of commit to Git server. However, R&D hasn't decided which team should develop this, either studio or from TMC. Manual commit and unlock to commit will dramatically get less interaction to Git. I hope this will be handled by TMC team so customer doesn't need to upgrade product."

Additional reference. A jira ticket created on request by another Talend user, set to priority Low:

https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-21403