Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GustavoAnderson
Contributor
Contributor

Git Repository is Busy when I change something and I can't share my work.

Hello everyone,

I'm working on Talend Open Studio 8, on a Windows 10. I can connect to my git repository as I can see

locally

all the jobs created by my partner. I can create a job, but the problem occurs when I try to do any action related to my repository (pull, build job, commit, etc).

I always receive this message: "Git repository is busy now, please wait"

0695b00000N1k53AAB.png

The only way to continue working is to cancel this action. So I can't make and share any change in the proyect.

When I check the log file, I can see this error:

org.eclipse.jgit.api.errors.JGitInternalException: neither pubring.kbx nor secring.gpg files found

at org.eclipse.jgit.gpg.bc.internal.BouncyCastleGpgSigner.signObject(BouncyCastleGpgSigner.java:211)

The strange thing is that the pubring.kbx exists in this location: "c:\Users\ganderson\.gnupg\pubring.kbx". I also can commit and pull changes using git bash or source tree.

It seems that JGit can't see my GPG key, maybe it's something I have to set up in my windows.

I'll really appreciate if somebody can give me a solution or at least any hint about this problem.

Thank you in advance,

Gustavo

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GustavoAnderson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I've just resolved this issue.

The problem was that I had defined my gpg key in the path mentioned in the issue.

But jgit was looking for that file in this path: "c:\Users\ganderson\AppData\Roaming\gnupg"

After I copied the files from one location to the other, the original error message dissappeared. But Now I get this error: - Failed to parse secret key file.

Finally I decided to turn off the gpgsign.

I run this command on git: git config --global commit.gpgsign false

and after that, I was able to update the git repository.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
GustavoAnderson
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I've just resolved this issue.

The problem was that I had defined my gpg key in the path mentioned in the issue.

But jgit was looking for that file in this path: "c:\Users\ganderson\AppData\Roaming\gnupg"

After I copied the files from one location to the other, the original error message dissappeared. But Now I get this error: - Failed to parse secret key file.

Finally I decided to turn off the gpgsign.

I run this command on git: git config --global commit.gpgsign false

and after that, I was able to update the git repository.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know you have fixed this issue by yourself and sharing the solution with us on community.

Best regards

Sabrina

Kishore_fcst
Contributor II
Contributor II

how to connect Git from Talend open studio can you pls share the link or process?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here is a nice post. Hope it will be helpful for your use case.

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D55b00006SAIRFCA5/talend-open-studio-7x-git-and-external-bu...

Best regards

Sabrina