Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meco-MDP-Qlik
Contributor
Contributor

Greenplum Ingestion using Dynamic Framework

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a job that will ingest tables from Hive to Greenplum. I have thousands of tables and it will be a tedious process to create a job per table.

One possible way to do this is by using the Dynamic type on the Schema but apparently Hive and Greenplum Components doesn't support this.

I'm currently using a CSV File to test this since tFileInputDelimited uses Dynamic type.

Any idea on other ways to achieve this? 

All suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Labels (5)
6 Replies
KStevenson1653542555
Contributor
Contributor

Did you have a fix on this issue? Challenging a relative issue yet no response from anyone and couldn't see this point taking a gander at in google.

epayitonline

Meco-MDP-Qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi, No I haven't yet found a fix for this. I also cannot find anything related to this in Google.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you happen to have the target table in the right format (I suggest creating a script that creates this for you) then using the Greenplum GPloader you should be able to insert data into greenplum in a fast and efficient way.

Meco-MDP-Qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Doesn't the GPLoader Component requires Schema in order to insert to the target table? If so, that means that I have to populate it per table.

Is it possible to use the GPLoad component without setting a schema?

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you're not tring to use create table functionality then the schema is optional. (There's a checkbox to force the schema of Talend which is useful if you want to load fewer columns / different order than you have in the target.)

Meco-MDP-Qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Will try this. Thank you for the information.