Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Handling null values from a date column while passing it to context variable

Hi All,

I have a scenario where I am passing the max value from a source date column in to a context variable. But because the source date column has nulls in it, Im getting the below warning and this is causing the job to fail at later point of time.

Please help on how to handle nulls.

0683p000009M7VW.png0683p000009M7W4.png

Below is the message I get when I run the job.

[WARN ]: lmu_data_warehouse.hist_slate_data_ini_latest_0_1.HIST_SLATE_DATA_INI_LATEST - Null value will be used for context parameter max_decision_date: Unparseable date: " "

Thank You

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its not an error (I believe its coming from the previous job we had discussed). You can switch off the log4j to off or error mode as shown below to avoid it.

0683p000009M70A.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Its not an error (I believe its coming from the previous job we had discussed). You can switch off the log4j to off or error mode as shown below to avoid it.

0683p000009M70A.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

I followed the changes per your recommendation and still getting the error related to null.

Please find the screenshots below.

0683p000009M7Ko.png0683p000009M7FH.png

Thank You

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

This issue is different. I would recommend you to check the trowgenerator (from previous post) and check whether you have given values for all the areas. It seems you have not given value to one of those steps (most probably line count).

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

Please find the screenshot below from tRowGenerator. I have followed exact same steps as per your previous post. 

The only difference is that in the "Number of Rows for RowGenerator"  section, I had to type ((Integer_globalMap.get("row5.INTERVAL")) manually as I was not getting the row5.INTERVAL column in the drop down which I used CTRL+SPACE.

Please suggest if Im missing anything.

0683p000009M7W9.png

Thank You

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

For the sake of testing I just removed ((Integer)globalMap.get("row5.INTERVAL")) and input 100 over there and the job was running without throwing the error it used to earlier.

This shows there there is something wrong in the way I input the variable there. Please suggest where I went wrong.

The other observation was I killed the job to see how the data was populated to target table so far and observed that all nulls were being populated to the target. Please suggest.

0683p000009M73s.png0683p000009M7LT.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Unfortunately I am in the middle of some other investigation. But to help you to progress, I am attaching the job I have created to test for your reference. I have used 7.2 version of Talend to create the job.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

test.zip
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could you please check the schema is present correctly in tHashInput and tFlowtoIterate components? Most probably the interval column might be missing in your job. That is the reason it is not listing in drop down for tFlowtoIterate.  It should be something minor. You have the sample job and the hint. I am sure you can crack the issue now 🙂

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Nikhil. I will look in to the schema if every thing is correct. Im not able to import the file you shared as Im on 7.1.1 version.

DEV4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Nikhil,

This time I have replicated the same job you provided me in previous post including same sample data.

But im getting the same error on tRowGenerator component. This time I even got the variables in drop down when I used ctrl+space.

Not sure where Im going wrong please help.

0683p000009M7WE.png0683p000009M7V2.png0683p000009M7WJ.png0683p000009M7WF.png