Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muralam
Creator
Creator

Handshake error while connecting to API using trestClient

I have a certificate and its key in .pem format, when i tested the API which i wanted to use to extract the data from talend using postman i am able to fetch the data also i uploaded these certificate and its key in postman tool settings, but when i try it from Talend i am getting hand shake error, kindly help to fix this issue, I have to place these certificates to retrieve data from Talend as well, but when i check with admin team they said these certificates are placed on Talend DEV server but still i am getting this error and this use case is entirely new to me. kindly suggest. I am using Talend 7.2

Regards,

Meena

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's JDK version are you using? You are able to see more details by adding -Djavax.net.debug=all on your data service job.

It would be great that you could post more info of the error here.

For example(PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)

Have you tried to do all the steps specified in this documentation?

TalendHelpCenter: Accessing Secure Services Using Talend Studio and Talend Runtime

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's JDK version are you using? You are able to see more details by adding -Djavax.net.debug=all on your data service job.

It would be great that you could post more info of the error here.

For example(PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target)

Have you tried to do all the steps specified in this documentation?

TalendHelpCenter: Accessing Secure Services Using Talend Studio and Talend Runtime

Best regards

Sabrina

muralam
Creator
Creator
Author

I am using JDK 1.8, I am getting error like this,

[ERROR]: ProjectDetails - tHttpRequest_1 - readHandshakeRecord

[statistics] disconnected,

I have given the JKS path given by admin team and try to call the job, getting the above error, but when admin team tried it from curl command they are able to connect, not sure what am i missing from Talend perspective

muralam
Creator
Creator
Author

we have been given a certificate named for example DevServername.pem and key.pem in this format

muralam
Creator
Creator
Author

I have tried another way getting this error

java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class: sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Please make sure that you've imported certificate and private key to Java Keystore.

Could you please share a screenshot of the job and component after masking the confidential values? 

Are you using the approach described in this component reference: TalendHelpCenter: tSetKeystore?

Best regards

Sabrina

muralam
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks, your inputs are very useful, with the help of admin team, created JKS file and Password and called it using tSetKeystore and the issue sorted now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great it helps. Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina