Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hive Dynamic partition with TOS

Hello Experts,

As per the requirement i have to load the data in Hive partition table, Talend works fine static partition and however I'm facing issue for Dynamic partition.

For EX:

I Created a table with 5 columns like id, name , occupation,zip code and gender(Partition column) , while loading the data if i use gender = 'M' or 'F' in tHiveLoad / thiverow component its working fine, if i'm not passing any value to gender column then i'm getting the error.

I am getting the below error, to resolve this i tried with  "hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict" and "hive.exec.dynamic.partition = true" , but no luck

However i'm able to achieve Dynamic partitioning in Hive scripting with out passing any value to partition column, but not in Talend

Error while compiling statement: FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10096]: Dynamic partition strict mode requires at least one static partition column. To turn this off set hive.exec.dynamic.partition.mode=nonstrict

Your help is highly appreciate!!

Thanks,

Bharath

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If the Properties are set it should work ideally, can you please share where the proeperties have been set ?