Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator

How can I set tSnowflakeConnection to connect to different region?

Hi

I'm testing tSnowflakeConnection on my PC, and it fails with the following error.

Exception in component tDBConnection_1
java.lang.RuntimeException: JDBC driver encountered communication error. Message: HTTP status=403.Incorrect Snowflake Account was specified

snowsql(CLI Client)) on my PC works fine. 

When I compare snowsql with tSnowflakeConnection , it is very clear that parameter for region is missing from tSnowflakeConnection.

https://help.talend.com/reader/KLsQaMqQC043uxe6RZXYNQ/kFxRzw0aj6_1rFYaVuqEtQ

https://docs.snowflake.net/manuals/user-guide/snowsql-start.html

--region TEXT Snowflake region. US-West (default), US-East: us-east-1, EU (Frankfurt): eu-central-1. Honors $SNOWSQL_REGION.

I can confirm this behavior. My account URL is pointing to ap-southeast-2 .  When I run tSnowflakeConnection, it tries to connect to us-west-2 . 

How can I set tSnowflakeConnection to connect to different region?

Thanks,

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Solution:

Add the region name into double quotes for 'Account';

If the snowflake URL is AccountName.RegionName.snowflakecomputing.com, add "AccountName.RegionName" into the account field .

View solution in original post

3 Replies
wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

BTW, my Talend version is 7.0.1  .

wangbinlxx
Creator
Creator
Author

Solution:

Add the region name into double quotes for 'Account';

If the snowflake URL is AccountName.RegionName.snowflakecomputing.com, add "AccountName.RegionName" into the account field .

Stephen-Elves
Contributor
Contributor

[UPDATE] If you try this solution now then it will fail as there has now been a "Snowflake Region" drop down added.

BUT it only has a limited number of entries.

BUT^2 There is now a "Custom Snowflake Region" option hidden in the "Advanced Settings" tab.