Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can we compare a file with a database having same number of column

We want to compare a file (Newly modified data) with n number of columns against a database table (source master data) having same n number of columns on the basis of some key columns and wants to write down differences in an output file. Please suggest.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Way 1: Create a file from the database content with the same format like your input file and use tFileCompare component.
Way 2: Use a tMap and use the inner join + on the output inner join reject to find all rows which are different. This way is only useful for not to wide schemas.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your inputs. I tried to use tFileCompare but it only gives you final result whether file differs or same. I need a column by column comparison. For that, I can definitely try to use inner join using tMap but for matched records, I need to compare column by column manually which I don't want. So that's why I was looking for some built-in components which I can directly use like we do have Change Data Capture stage in DataStage.