Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edith1
Creator
Creator

How do I select columns with values when using tAggregateRow?

This is a JSON result of an API call and I want to combine the data in 1 row just like the 2nd table below.  How do I accomplish this?  I was playing/testing with a taggregaterow component, but I'm not sure how to select the columns with values after I group by object_id, term_name, type and relationship_id.  

OBJECT_ID TERM_NAME TYPE DEFINITION STATUS LAST_MODIFIED_DATE RELATIONSHIP_ID
123_1 VENDOR TERMS NULL ACTIVE NULL 9_1
123_1 VENDOR TERMS MY VENDOR IS... NULL NULL 9_1
123_1 VENDOR TERMS NULL NULL 4/30/2020 9_1
123_1 VENDOR TERMS NULL NULL NULL 9_1

OBJECT_ID TERM_NAME TYPE DEFINITION STATUS LAST_MODIFIED_DATE RELATIONSHIP_ID
123_1 VENDOR TERMS MY VENDOR IS... ACTIVE 4/30/2020 9_1
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since your datatype is the string you cannot choose Max, either you have to choose first or last. Max is applicable if you have datatype Integer. Also in tAggregate you have ignored all the null values so in a group, you will have only one value.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
akumar2301
Creator III
Creator III

Hello

Select option “ ignore NULL value” and then in function you can select first/last as functions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First, you need to set all NULL values into null. There is difference between NULL and null you have to make sure if the value is NULL convert into null. And in the tAggregate give either first/last function and check-in the ignore null values. You will get the required result.

Don't forget to give kudos/accept the solution when a replay is helpful.

Edith1
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your response. What is the difference between max and first/last functions?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since your datatype is the string you cannot choose Max, either you have to choose first or last. Max is applicable if you have datatype Integer. Also in tAggregate you have ignored all the null values so in a group, you will have only one value.