Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amba1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to actually export a Talend project?

Hello,

I've been using Talend for a long time now and just wonder what the best way to export a project/workspace would be.

My goal is to export a workspace and reimport it into a new one on my second computer.

I've found multiple ways to work, but do not understand what the best way would be to keep all my settings, etc. Here a quick summary.

1. Copy workspace folder from one workspace to the other > This leads to a lot of errors, so I would not recommend it.
  2. Export via clicking on your project folder > export items > export dependencies, select all and zip it. This seems to work fine, but a lot of files are missing when compared to option #3! (like poms, etc)

0695b00000Z2xNNAAZ.png0695b00000Z2xNSAAZ.png3 – Last Option would be to use the export project icon 0695b00000Z2xNhAAJ.png . This seems to generate all files but it's a pain in the ass to export the right folders...

So, what is the actual right way to export a project and all my settings, dependencies, and stuff? Option 2 generates small files, option 3 generates huge files...

KG

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Before upgrading or migrating your products, you must back up your local projects.

We are supposing that you have already checked this documentation about:

TalendHelpCenter: Backing up the local projects

For jobs level, "Build job" option is used to export the job script, "Export item" option is used to export the item files, including jobs, metadatas, contexts, routines etc. So, you should use the export items option if you want to export the jobs (for support...)

Hope it helps for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Talend Open Studio was designed to work on a single computer.

The paid version comes with GIT integration so you can checkout the project from as many computers as you want. And track all changes from GIT.

Poms should be regenerated on the new computer.

There are certain files that are excluded from that export. Like the Project Settings, MVN URI overrides, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Balázs