Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to allow a file_path parameter to be selected by browsing folders instead of typing?

Hi,

I have made a processor component which takes a file path as an input0683p000009M7Sl.png

I have defined it as a String parameter now:

@Option
@Documentation("TODO fill the documentation for this parameter")
private String input_path;

How can I make this parameter input the path by browsing they file system, like in the case of a tFileInput* component:

0683p000009M76O.png

the "File name/ Stream" parameter.

I tried declaring the parameter under

@Option("file-path"

which I saw briefly mentioned in the documentation, and changed the parameter type to "File", but it didn't change anything. I can't find any documentation on how to do this though. What should I change to get this done?

Thanks,

Siva

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You could define a context variable and assign a default file path to it, set the File name/stream field of tfileInputExcel in context variable like:

0683p000009M7TF.png

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

If your input file changes frequently and you cannot define in context variable as I said.

Please use tFileList component to iterate all the files that matches the file mark you define.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

My question is regarding a custom component that I have created. That's why I had posted in Component Development board.

I want to know how to input a file directly by browsing and selecting it from the computer. Currently I am taking the file path as an input (String type) and then reading the file.

Thank You.