Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to call a routine in query

Hello, I want to perform a select request on an access database like this:

"SELECT TABLENAME.Something

FROM TABLENAME

WHERE TABLENAME.Something > routineName()

ORDER BY TABLENAME.Something ASC"

I've tried different return type (string and integer) routines and syntaxes like:

"...>"+ routineWhoReturnAString() +"ORDER BY..."

but i always get a null pointer exception or an invalid schema name exception.

Thank you !!!

EDIT : My nullpointereexception comes from a condition in an "if" link even though it was said to be an error in the input componant.

The correct syntax in the query, if the routine returns a String, is:

FROM TABLENAME

WHERE TABLENAME.Something > "+ class.method() +"

NOTE: Using a global variable works great too.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this....

FROM TABLENAME
WHERE TABLENAME.Something > " + routines.classname.methodName() + " 

Routines are just classes. The package is "routines", the class name is the routine name and then you have the method name. I'm assuming your method is returning a number (as a string or an int), so it can be expressed as above.

The best way to test dynamically created SQL is to create it in a tJava and output to the console using a System.out call. This will allow you to see what you are generating and test it in a SQL query analyzer.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

I'm afraid you need to put the routine's result into a global variable, then reuse this variable into your query

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try this....

FROM TABLENAME
WHERE TABLENAME.Something > " + routines.classname.methodName() + " 

Routines are just classes. The package is "routines", the class name is the routine name and then you have the method name. I'm assuming your method is returning a number (as a string or an int), so it can be expressed as above.

The best way to test dynamically created SQL is to create it in a tJava and output to the console using a System.out call. This will allow you to see what you are generating and test it in a SQL query analyzer.