Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create ESB proxy service with the propogation of authentication headers?

Hi all,

Need your assistance on the topic:

1. There is a SOAP web-service outside Talend ESB (origin web-service, some existing application/service provider), it requires Basic authentication credentials.
  2. I need to develop some web-service in Talend ESB (I'm using Talend Open Studio for ESB 7.0.1) with the similar web-service definition as the origin one.
  3. The minimal goal is to make Talend ESB behave like a proxy, propogating client's username/password to the origin web-service, getting the response and sending it back to the ESB web-service consumer.
  4. The maximum goal in addition to the previous one is to do some orchestration and mapping inside.

I developed a simple Job using tESBProviderRequest, tESBConsumer and tESBProviderResponse components (see the picture below). Without security it works. But when I'm enable Basic authentication at the origin web-service - job doesn't work as predicted, because the request to the origin web-service is unauthorized.
0683p000009LzUc.png

If I'm correct we need at the tESBConsumer's advanced settings add Authorization HTTP header with propogate checkbox enabled.

We need to secure tESBProviderRequest with the Basic authentication too. But it doesn't provide any configuration relative to the authentication or HTTP headers.

Question:

1. Could you please provide any solution for such simple security proxy?
  2. Could you please share some relative documentation.

Many thanks.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author