Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IRe
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to fix a wrong installation of mssql-jdbc.jar?

Hi @All,

I made a mistake during configuration of a talend instance for my team member. I configured a database connection in metadata and after clicking on test connection it will be install several jar-files from internet except the mssql-jdbc.jar. This file have to be installed manually by choosing a file from localhost. I have choosed the wrong JAR-file, because I get now an error message during test connection.

How can I remove the JAR-file and install the correct JAR-file. Is there a replace option or something else?

Greetings from Germany

InRe

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sabrina, hello Lord-Vader,

thank you very much for your feedback.

I used Vaders Information to find the location of the installed driver, after then I renamed the folder name of mssql-jdbc and I re-started Talend Open Studio.

With next check via "test connection" button Talend detects the missing driver, the wizards starts and I had to choose the correct JAR-file.

Mission accomplished!

Greetings from Germany

In Re

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lord-Vader
Contributor III
Contributor III

Download jdbc jar file:

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.microsoft.sqlserver/mssql-jdbc

Go to this folder location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\TOS_DI-8.0.1\studio\configuration\.m2\repository\org\talend\libraries

Look for a mssql-jdbc folder. Mine is something other because i use different versions. Add your version of downloaded jar file to the folder.

Now in talend go to window -> show view -> other -> modules and open it.

Now in the module window search for the mssql, you will get all the component that use it.(look at example image)

0695b00000huTuqAAE.png

Now click on that 3 dotted button on the right. search for your jar file via the lookup.

You have to choose a custom MVN URI.

Set it something like this: "org.talend.libraries/mssql-jdbc/11.2.2/jar". My example is something else, but this will get you going.

Detect the module and then click ok.

Then just restart you talend and your done.

0695b00000huUGSAA2.png

Hope this helps.

Vader Out 💪.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You are able to override the current version of the driver by customizing its Maven URI

For more information, please have a look at this documentation:

https://help.talend.com/r/en-US/8.0/studio-user-guide/overriding-external-modules-by-customizing-mvn...

Best regards

Sabrina

IRe
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Sabrina, hello Lord-Vader,

thank you very much for your feedback.

I used Vaders Information to find the location of the installed driver, after then I renamed the folder name of mssql-jdbc and I re-started Talend Open Studio.

With next check via "test connection" button Talend detects the missing driver, the wizards starts and I had to choose the correct JAR-file.

Mission accomplished!

Greetings from Germany

In Re

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Great your mission accomplished! Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.

Best regards

Sabrina