Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saivsr
Contributor
Contributor

How to get latest files from folder based on last run

How to get incremental files from same folder …in talend

I have to get files based on last job start date after which are files coming those files i need process..how i can achive this.pls help me..Thank you

Labels (1)
  • v6.x

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

The simplest (the better?) is to move (using tfilecopy) the files to a special folder (archive for example) as soon they have been processed. Using this pattern, you don't have to worry about how many files you have processed last day. Just iterate over the filelist and that's all.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Store the last filename processed in a file (and reuse this information for next run) or rename the files after they have been processed.
saivsr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi TRF, Thanks for your response....My requirement is incremental files are coming to client server from that we need process the those files, which are newly coming from last run..

Ex: Yesterday 10 files came ---> we processed--

today 5 files came ---->total 15(yesterday 10+today 5)--from this i want to get latest files and need to process..

How we can this?

Please share the complete Talend Design ?

Thank you so much 

Bluemoon
Creator
Creator

Can you also send your file name format?? I am also facing same issue so,
I came up with a solution where i am getting all in tfilelist and iterate those file from tJava (compare those files and get next file , b4 that i will store last run job file name)
Can anyone give me better solution.. Thanks in Advance!!
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

The simplest (the better?) is to move (using tfilecopy) the files to a special folder (archive for example) as soon they have been processed. Using this pattern, you don't have to worry about how many files you have processed last day. Just iterate over the filelist and that's all.
saivsr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sir, Thank you for your response..but my client saying without achieve the files we need to process latest files based on last run 

nmodi
Creator
Creator

here is how to do that, we had same requirement on getting latest file from FTP,

basically we compare the files creation date & compare it with previous files creation date & that's how we basically sort the file & get latest file,

globalMap.get("sortedmtime") == null ? row1.mtime : (row1.mtime >= (long)globalMap.get("sortedmtime"))?row1.mtime:globalMap.get("sortedmtime")

0683p000009LrE1.png

There are so many other solution out there like using tbuffer to store all files & then use tSort to sort data

saivsr
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Nmodi for your valuable solution..is it working for TOS?

I will try and update you.

Thanks

lvsiva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

we can do with combination of tFileList and tFileExist components.

1. Let us Assume A1 is the Source.
  2. Create A2 and A3 two other folders.
  3. Iterate A1 folders with tFileList and use tFileExists -A2 directory path and global variable "tFileList_1_CURRENT_FILE to check the files in A2.
  4. After TfileExistsuse condition tFileExist_2_EXISTS then copy the file using tFileCopy to Folder A3.
  5. At end of run make sync between A1 and A2.
  6. After processing new files in A3 archive/delete them 
  7. Like this every run new files will be stored in A3.