Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to handle data in different language ?

Dear Team, @Richard Hall @Xiaodi Shi @Shicong Hong

I have data for some of the columns it's in different language. The language is "THAI". When I try to load the data to a excel sheet, the FNAME, LNAME columns data looks bad.

If ID is less than 13 digits, then concatenate FNAME+LNAME+DOB and keep it in CID.

If ID is more than 13 digits, then concatenate FNAME+LNAME+DOB and keep it in CID.

If ID is equal to 13 digits, then keep the 13 digits in CID.

If ID is null, then concatenate FNAME+LNAME+DOB and keep it in CID.

0695b00000hsj8AAAQ.png

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prakhar dubey​ write the ternary expression in CID expression field on tMap, eg:

row1.ID==null?(row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB):(row1.ID.length()==13?row1.id:row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB)

Can you please try and let me know if you have any problems?

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prakhar dubey​ write the ternary expression in CID expression field on tMap, eg:

row1.ID==null?(row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB):(row1.ID.length()==13?row1.id:row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB)

Can you please try and let me know if you have any problems?

Regards

Shong

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ The information in Thai ( FOREIGN LANGUAGE IS NOT DISPLAYED )

0695b00000hsq0XAAQ.png 

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to use 'UTF-8' encoding to read the data from data source? Take a look at this similar question, it might be helpful.

Regards

Shong

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ 

I kept the encoding as "UTF-8" . THE LANGUAGE IS "THAI"

0695b00000hsqCnAAI.png 

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the encoding of file? You can open the file with notepad++​ and click the 'Encoding' tab to see the file encoding.

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ I try to check with the "GOOGLE SEARCH", since I don't have permission to install notepad++ . THAI LANGUAGE encoding is "TIS-620"

I tried changing the encoding with TIS-620 , I can able to see the information, but the information looks somewhat sloppy. ( YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT), the characters looks pretty small.

May I know ? How reliable it will be - when I try to do some functions with it .. like concatenation, splitting the name. ? Will it work out, since the "THAI" language encoding is not in Talend.

0695b00000hsxC6AAI.pngThanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never processed THAI language, but I see THAI characters always looks small. After reading the data with 'TIS-620' encoding, any problem you have when you try to some function with the data?

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looks good at the moment. !

Appreciate your efforts and replying towards every comment. The code which you share for concatenation, works ! Thanks @Shicong Hong​ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, glad to hear that!