Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to handle data in different language ?

Dear Team, @Richard Hall @Xiaodi Shi @Shicong Hong

I have data for some of the columns it's in different language. The language is "THAI". When I try to load the data to a excel sheet, the FNAME, LNAME columns data looks bad.

If ID is less than 13 digits, then concatenate FNAME+LNAME+DOB and keep it in CID.

If ID is more than 13 digits, then concatenate FNAME+LNAME+DOB and keep it in CID.

If ID is equal to 13 digits, then keep the 13 digits in CID.

If ID is null, then concatenate FNAME+LNAME+DOB and keep it in CID.

0695b00000hsj8AAAQ.png

Thanks in advance.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prakhar dubey​ write the ternary expression in CID expression field on tMap, eg:

row1.ID==null?(row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB):(row1.ID.length()==13?row1.id:row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB)

Can you please try and let me know if you have any problems?

Regards

Shong

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@prakhar dubey​ write the ternary expression in CID expression field on tMap, eg:

row1.ID==null?(row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB):(row1.ID.length()==13?row1.id:row1.FNAME+" "+row1.LNAME+" "+row1.DOB)

Can you please try and let me know if you have any problems?

Regards

Shong

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ The information in Thai ( FOREIGN LANGUAGE IS NOT DISPLAYED )

0695b00000hsq0XAAQ.png 

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried to use 'UTF-8' encoding to read the data from data source? Take a look at this similar question, it might be helpful.

Regards

Shong

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ 

I kept the encoding as "UTF-8" . THE LANGUAGE IS "THAI"

0695b00000hsqCnAAI.png 

Thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the encoding of file? You can open the file with notepad++​ and click the 'Encoding' tab to see the file encoding.

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Shicong Hong​ I try to check with the "GOOGLE SEARCH", since I don't have permission to install notepad++ . THAI LANGUAGE encoding is "TIS-620"

I tried changing the encoding with TIS-620 , I can able to see the information, but the information looks somewhat sloppy. ( YOU CAN SEE ON THE SCREENSHOT), the characters looks pretty small.

May I know ? How reliable it will be - when I try to do some functions with it .. like concatenation, splitting the name. ? Will it work out, since the "THAI" language encoding is not in Talend.

0695b00000hsxC6AAI.pngThanks in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never processed THAI language, but I see THAI characters always looks small. After reading the data with 'TIS-620' encoding, any problem you have when you try to some function with the data?

prabuj
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Looks good at the moment. !

Appreciate your efforts and replying towards every comment. The code which you share for concatenation, works ! Thanks @Shicong Hong​ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, glad to hear that!